Monday, April 19, 2010

Don't Underestimate Body Language

Yesterday I felt a bit like this:

arielvoice1

arielvoice2

My voice was gone but I did not really need to follow Ursula's advice about pretty looks and workin' my rump since I was not wooing a prince (I've already woo-ed someone who looks like Prince). Instead, since I was feeling pretty sick all over, I called out of work and took a day of rest.

I reverted back to my habits of being sick in High School and prescribed the following treatment:

constant_comment

Constant Comment tea. So so tasty.

hyacinth

"Keeping Up Appearances" marathon.

tres-leches

Tres leches cake. Note: This is not an actual photo. I slaved over a two-day period in making a pastel tres leches vegano. Hopefully I'll have a high-res photo of the one I made, but until then, just imagine a deliciously moist sponge cake soaked with a sweet coconut and rum syrup and then topped with a smooth topping with flaked coconut.

Yeah, it's really good. Now I'm off to slice about 30 orders of "1/2 pound smoked turkey and 1/2 pound american cheese" (no joke, it's pretty much what EVERYONE orders, who eats processed lunch meats anymore??)

1 comment:

  1. Cute post! So glad to hear that Constant Comment tea was a part of your "treatment" plan this week. We agree ... it is "so so tasty!" Hope you are feeling better.
    -Deb for Bigelow Tea

    ReplyDelete