Friday, February 19, 2010

Mimosas and Mom

Hello hello. Today was a fantastic day and it isn't even over! My mom journeyed from the Valley all the way out to the big city. It was a day full of chuckles, coffee, mimosas, burritos, cleaning, and baking.

After lunch, instead of driving around the city in traffic looking for parking and then trudging along the slushy sidewalks in the bitter cold, I suggested we bake something together since she is always curious about baking vegan. She wanted something cakey and I wanted to bake something new so we tried our hands at a classic bakery staple (at least here on the upper east coast), the black and white cookie!

I was in charge of the actual baking while my mom flexed her icing skills.


IMG_5748

In the zone.

IMG_5752

The royal icing turned out just perfectly.

IMG_5755

Voila!

No comments:

Post a Comment