Sunday, February 14, 2010

Blood Orange Sunday

twodudes

Happy Valentine's Day everybody.

I have been so lazy with posting here and even lazier with uploading photos from my camera to my computer. I could blame it on school, work, and this annoying cold, but really it just boils down to laziness...

Anyways, V-day was enjoyable. Woke up early-ish and made some delicious vegan coconut waffles with blood orange syrup and homefries for us. The syrup did not thicken as it should, but since it was my first time, I am willing to try try again. I was inspired by these treats from Vegan Yum Yum:
2264104240_319f88b44f

I read about these awhile back and thought that the blood orange with coconut would be the perfect red for Valentine's Day without being overtly "romantic" and cliche a la strawberries and chocolate. I had no idea that was the chef's original thought as well! Great (vegan) minds think alike I s'pose.

Additionally, I whipped up some pomegranate orange mimosas. The rest of the day was spent tending to both my cold (via Tropical Emergen-C!) and also to a slight hangover (via mimosas and coffee...). Finally, the day ended with these and a fantastically endearing card with two giraffes on it:

flowers

Not a terribly attractive picture, but I snapped it on my phone before leaving for school.

Now on to the rest of the week!



First photo from The Satorialist, second from Vegan Yum Yum

No comments:

Post a Comment