Monday, February 15, 2010

Hazy Shade of Winter

IMG_5728

Last week, we were walloped with a snow storm. And this time it was a doozy! My school even closed for two days which is crazy since it has not closed for snow in over 9 years.

Luckily, I had planned for this and made my house an igloo of comfort with all the amenities, including but not limited to:

1. Snacks (pita chips, sesame sticks, cheese poofs for the nonvegans)
2. Boozes (champagne, wine, baby bottles of Bacardi, vodka)
3. Baking supplies (flour, powdered sugar, choco chips)
4. Vegan black pepper steaks
5. Emergency mini-pizza for Cesar

All of these things came in handy. I ended up baking a huge batch of Russian tea cakes, chocolate mini-bundts with choco glaze, and a miniature three layer cake that for reasons such as not letting the cake cool enough and three mojitos looked awful.

Tuesday night was spent tidying up my room and hanging a wall of paintings (I have a phone-photo of it, but I want to hold off on showing it until I can get a better quality image). I also watched Lost and clocked out early.

The following day was all about takin' it easy and take it easy we did! Eventually, friends, including Anabelle, trekked it out to hang. We played Mario Party, snacked, and I ChatRouletted a baking show. The aforementioned disaster cake was laughed at and then promptly consumed on the spot. So good.

They're calling for more snow tonight and tomorrow! What the heck. I cannot wait for summer...

IMG_5738


IMG_5737

IMG_5740

IMG_5729

No comments:

Post a Comment