Saturday, December 8, 2007

No Nasties Guide to Potlucks

If you're anything like me then you are growing up. Part of growing up means all sorts of gross things BUT it also means getting invited to functions like potlucks.

Despite what my nana says, potlucks are not thrown just because the host is lazy (that's only true about 90% of the time) but rather they are thrown because it is an easy way to entertain lots of people without running out of food and having lots and lots to clean up.

Due to my crippling control issues, I have never personally thrown a potluck gathering. I much prefer to cook and do everything. I have however, been to many potlucks. From vegetarian wedding potlucks to your standard family reunion (not as easy as a) cake walk.

Tonight I will be bringing along my famous tofu asparagus bake. If I didn't procrastinate, I could post the recipe and photos, but you will just have to wait until tomorrow.

While I'm gone, mull this over: A lady today asked me if I was South African "because of your (my) accent"

Question 1: What accent do I have?!

Thank you.

1 comment: