Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Damn Fine Cup of Coffee


While I was only two years old when the show debuted, I've had no excuse for not watching "Twin Peaks" via DVD or online years ago.

I only watched the pilot two days ago and I'm already hooked! I mean, I like David Lynch's films "Mulholland Driver" and "Blue Velvet" but I've never been one of his dedicated fans. "Twin Peaks" however, may be turning me into one.

Things I like about it:

-- Black coffee mentioned several times per episode
-- Kyle Maclachlan's acting
-- The pretty Asian woman
-- Noiseless shades
-- Mary Janes
-- Fresh-faced Lara Flynn Boyle

Also, when I used to work at Dorney Park during Halloweekends, they always played this one song I could never recognize, then a few years later I was sitting at my favorite Philadelphia coffee house and the song came on. I asked the mustachioed barista what it was and he said it was...

Laura Palmer's Theme


Truly a great song that I love even more after hearing it several times per episode.

Anyways, go and watch this show if you have yet to see it! I wish I could find the SNL parody clip of it from 1991 that was ALWAYS on TV when Comedy Central repeated SNL into oblivion.

No comments:

Post a Comment